He's my firstborn and he taught me all that I need to know about motherhood...
- Everything will be alright if you just love me where I'm at. I promise.
- I will forgive you every mistake in the end because I know that you do, in the deepest part of me. You're my mom.
- I will stretch your patience, your knowledge, your ability to exist on little to no sleep... but your heart will be bigger for it.
- I will teach you to be unselfish most of the time, and to be sad when you choose selfishness.
- I will make you laugh when you want to cry and cry tears of joy.
-I will show you how to let go, many times through the years but I'll do it as gently as I can.
- I will forget you sometimes and hurt your heart with words and you will do the same. So I will teach you to forgive, 70 x 7, always.
- I will show you how to step out of your protective shell of perfection and be the mom with the messy house and the messy hair once in awhile and be perfectly comfortable with that.
- I will bring you more kids to love and fill your home with people, just like you always wanted and I will do it again and again, because I see how happy it makes you.
- I will teach you, just as my grandfather has... the meaning of unconditional love and acceptance.
- I will make you an even better mother to my brothers because of all we have learned together first.
- I will teach you that it's a good idea to quit forgetting where you put your phone.;-)
- I will help you step out of your own comfort zone.
and most of all...
- I will teach you how God feels about you... mom. Because that kind of love comes straight from His heart to yours.